TruDog Pet Treats Recall | February 2018

TruPet, LLC advised its customers on February 23, 2018, that they are voluntarily recalling specific lines of TruDog Treat Me Crunchy Beef Delight Pet because they are potentially contaminated with Salmonella.

This recall has been completed, and FDA has terminated this recall.

What’s Being Recalled?

The following products have been affected by this recall:

TruDog Treat Me Crunchy Beef Delight

Product Type: 2.5 oz package size

Lot Number: 20190514 13753

Note: This product was distributed via online pet food retailer and through No other products have been affected by this recall.

What Is Salmonella?

Salmonella is a highly infectious bacteria commonly found in most reported cases of food-related illnesses in the United States and globally. Both humans and animals can carry salmonella in their intestines in addition to feces. Salmonella often spreads in contaminated foods.

Common symptoms of Salmonella poisoning in humans include:

  • Abdominal cramping
  • Diarrhea
  • Fever
  • Upset Stomach
  • Vomiting

In severe cases, Salmonella can cause arterial infections, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and endocarditis. Anyone displaying such symptoms should contact their healthcare providers immediately.

Common symptoms of Salmonella poisoning in dogs include:

  • Bloody diarrhea
  • Fever
  • Abdominal pain
  • Vomiting
  • Decreased appetite

If your pet has consumed the above-recalled product and has any of these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.

Why Is It Being Recalled?

The recall was issued following the Michigan Department of Agriculture’s collection of a single batch for testing. Traces of salmonella were detected.

No illnesses relating to this recall have been reported to date.

What Do I Do Now?

The company has informed consumers to return the affected product with urgency. They have advised consumers not to continue to use the above product.

Contact the retailer where you purchased the product for a replacement or full refund.


Customers with any immediate questions may contact 800-476-8808 for more information.

U.S citizens that wish to report a complaint about FDA-regulated pet food must do so via their consumer complaint coordinator in their local area.

Alternatively, go to

Any Canadian citizens wishing to report any health and safety concerns relating to this product can report it by filling in the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.

You can go back to our list of dog food recalls in the U.S.